80sNostalgia is undergoing a huge revamp. It is moving servers for the first time in 6 years and, to celebrate it becoming a teenager, (2012 marks it’s 13th year online!) I thought I would treat it to brand new additional content.
The 80s was a huge decade, for TV especially, with hundreds of shows airing or making their début. Because it was so huge, I haven’t always been able to find the time to add new content to 80sNostalgia as often as I would like. If you look through the Classic TV section, for example, there are so many missing descriptions of Classic TV shows. I just haven’t got the time to write about them all.
So I have decided to open up a huge section of 80sNostalgia to you, fellow fans of the 80s.
If you would like to contribute your memories of 80s TV, by writing a description of a show and see your name in websitey lights, then please have a look through the list of shows below. It isn’t a definitive list of every 80s TV programme, as there are far more 80s programmes than I have listed, but it is a list of the most searched for programmes on here. Adding details to the programmes listed here first will be of more instant help to the majority of visitors.
If you would like to contribute:
- Take a look at the list below. If you would like to write the description for any programme, please email me first (firstname.lastname@example.org) to say which one(s) you would like to write a description for. Emailing and getting the confirmation that you are the only author first ensures that you are guaranteed to have your writing published. Without this system, if 5 people instantly write and email me great descriptions for the same programme, I will only be able to publish one of them, meaning 4 people will have written descriptions for nothing. This seems the fairest way of deciding whose articles to publish.
- If you would like to write more than 1 description, please list the shows you would like to write about in your email, up to a maximum of 5. Whichever shows you are confirmed as writing about will be reserved for you for 2 weeks from the date of the confirmation email. If you do not submit a review for a show you have been confirmed for within 2 weeks, it will go back into the pool and someone else may become the author.
- Only claim the shows that you genuinely have time and knowledge to write about. If you would like to claim more after writing and submitting your first ones, you are very welcome to! Doing them in batches of no more than 5 ensures you don’t take on more than you can deal with in 2 weeks, AND leaves other people a choice too.
- If you have written anything for any other websites in the past, please forward a link to your work in your email. You don’t HAVE to have written anything online before to have your descriptions published here, but if more than one person asks to write about the same show it will help me to decide who to allocate that show to.
- PLEASE use proper full English words and correct grammar in your descriptions. The people you are writing descriptions for are around the 30 – 45 year old mark. IF they are anything like me, they won’t understand abbreviated slang words or TXT spk. It will also please my friends, the Internet Search Engines.
- The description should include a brief synopsis of the show, maybe talk about the characters in it, an overview of the plot lines, when it aired from and to, any memorable moments in it, and can be written in an amusing way if you like. There should be no bad language, nothing libelous, and no descriptions that could be seen as insulting – I’m often in contact with people who worked in TV in the 80s, and arranging interviews or competition prizes is quite hard if reviews on my site slander their work.
- On average the descriptions already on 80sNostalgia are around 500 words. There are usually a few paragraphs, and a few pictures. If you can find the time to write the descriptions, I will add all the images.
- If you can also include a link to the intro to the programme on YouTube, that would also be an immense help. It isn’t necessary, but it would help.
So have a look through the list below, and if you see anything you like (things with lines through are already written,) and would like to take part, just let me know via email@example.com
If you would like to contribute a memory for anything other than TV, please do! You can submit your memory here – Add 80s Memories.